Saturday, October 25, 2008



Well, you may be wondering where I have been, and honestly I can say I have no idea, where have I been.  I think working or sleeping maybe running, yeah I think running.  My latest and greatest accomplishment was the Spokane Half Marathon.  This is my second time running it a beautiful course very colorful and challenging.  I forgot how hilly the course was until I was in it.  The morning started off cold I think 27 degrees or so, whatever it was it was cold.  It warmed up into the 50s and was a perfect day for a race.  Last year I ran the race in 2:07 and was hoping this year I could do it in 2:00 hours but of course I was a little skeptical of my training and time I had put in so I would be fine as long as I finished before 2:15.  Remember I am the person that doesn't set the goals very high, that way I know I can reach them.  Well, I got to the top of Doomsday hill and with only a few miles left I was feeling pretty good.  I starting picking up the pace so I thought or maybe everyone else was slowing down but needless to say I came across the line at exactly 2:00 hours.  YES I DID IT!!  It was very fun to see friends I hadn't seen in awhile and then I got to run my sister in law the last quarter of a mile her first one ever how cool was that.  I could barely keep my tears back when I saw her coming.  How awesome she is and what a great accomplishment for her.  I have a great sister in law.  GO COLLEEN!!

1 comment:

colleen said...

Ann....you almost made me cry at the race and then...just now...reading this! Awesome job on the run. I'm proud of you!